Thursday, June 27, 2013

The last two days, I've managed to hit 10,000 steps without doing any cardio. I'm excited. I'm hoping to be able to keep this up PLUS adding in the cardio, which will of course give me more steps towards my step count. I've completely rocked the diet all week. Monday and Wednesday I had an appointment with my personal trainer, and she killed my arms. Monday after my workout, I could hardly wash my hair, they were so tired! It was pretty ridiculous. But it's a good thing. They're still sore today, and part of that is from working them yesterday, as well, but yesterday was more of a full body workout. I'm pretty happy about it all - it's going pretty well and I really like my trainer. She's really good to me and she keeps my injuries in mind. Saturday morning, I'm taking another yoga class. It's a lot harder than I imagined, but I also found it very relaxing and it helped me get rid of some stress. As for meals, I've been doing really well. Every morning I've been eating cottage cheese. For lunches this week, Monday I had terryaki chicken, Tuesday was a bag of salad w/ chicken, Wednesday was tuna fish w/ old bay, relish, and fat free ranch, fat free cheddar cheese, and fat free ranch, and today was the new grilled chicken salad from Chick Fila with Fat Free Honey Mustard. For dinner's, Monday was the chicken salad that I ate Tuesday for lunch, Tuesday I went out to dinner with the hubby and got a grilled chicken breast w/ sauteed mushrooms and terryaki broccoli, Wednesday I made Greek Chicken Patties, and tonight I made chicken stir fry, with low sodium soy sauce cut with water. For the guys, I made brown rice, as well, so it was a little more filling!! I bought some protein powder today, as well, as I figure I could use more protein in my diet, and with working out like I am, it would be beneficial. I have decided that I'm going to be making protein shakes in the morning for breakfast for now, to see how they do me. I made one when I got home from work today (as before dinner, I had only consumed about 325 calories - NOT GOOD!), and I have to say, it was quite filling! I still ate dinner, obviously, but I didn't eat nearly as much as I would have normally. So I'm hoping that's a good sign for the morning - and I can make it with my cottage cheese and still get in my 2 probiotics a day. So we'll see where this takes me. I'm excited, and I can tell that I've lost a little weight. Obviously not much since it's only been 4 days, but hey, it's a start, right? I'm going to rock this diet, and I'm going to lose the weight!

No comments: